In this episode of The Glass Is Half Full, Richard Killen interviews David Grossman, a Toronto mortgage broker with Rock Your Mortgage.
In the interview, they cover the following:
- For people just starting out, what do they need to know about mortgages?
- What kind of information do lenders need to know about borrowers?
- What are the different types of lenders other than banks?
- What is CMHC insurance for high ratio mortgages?
- Is there a different process for self-employed individuals to get a mortgage?
- Explain B lenders, C lenders and private lenders and how each works.
- What is a Mortgage Stress Test?
- How do RESPS and other assets come into play during a bankruptcy?
This is part one of a two-part video interview with David. Part two can be viewed here.